I may have slightly over done the amount of banana loaf I have eaten over the last 12 months, my wife has a tendancy to buy more bananas than we need, so I end up with a lot of frozen very ripe bananas. This Loaf is incrediby moorish, it can also be sliced and frozen. I love this toasted with a generous spread of ghee for a quick breakfast, accompanied with a black coffee.
Banana & Walnut loafCourse: Recipes, UncategorizedDifficulty: Easy
- Wet Ingredients
1/3 Cup Olive oil
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Milk – Plant or dairy
4 Large ripe bananas
- Dry Ingredients
1 cup Wholemeal Spelt flour
1 Cup of Ground Almonds
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup of chopped walnuts ( or nut of choice)
- Optional for extra luxury
100g of dark chocolate
1 cup of mixed nuts (instead of walnuts)
- In a food mixer or blender blitz the wet ingredients until smooth
- combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Pour wet mix into the centre of the dry ingredients and stir till just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into a lined/greased loaf tin or tin of choice, I use non stick parchment loaf tin liners, way easier and less clean up.
- place in a pre-heated oven at 180˚F – 350˚C and cook for 1hr 15min or until a knife comes out clean from the centre, if the loaf is browning too fast on the top, place some parchment paper over the loaf to stop it burning.